Saturday, February 16, 2013

JH Together Again/ Feast!

JH Together
This weekend my husband and I are together. I cannot describe the feelings I have walking into the house we rented here together, where I do not live but where my things and my love are. My face hurts from smiling all because I get to see him and wrap my arms around him. I do not care where we are. We are together for now and I am in love. <3

Sharps
It was pure bliss to unearth my kitchen tools of the trade and slice smoothly through anything I wanted with my ultra sharp knives! YAY! #thingsyoumisswhileingradschool

Celebrate Every Day (but especially this weekend)
our 4 year anniversary (Feb 13th), his birthday (Jan27th), Valentines Day (Febwhatever), and my 30th birthday (Feb18th) and just because we can.

Silver Adornments
China, lined with platinum silver filligree- Wedding gift
Harding Family Silver- belonged to Nobie Harding, John's Grandmother- thanks Andy Harding!
Silver candle sticks- Aunt Elizabeth and Jim O'Malley- we light whenever we eat a special meal together.


The weekend will be filled with fun food adventures but here is the result of day one.

This entire meal was done in three hours or less. Including the frosting. Eating, no, but
prep and make time was wrapped up quick!!

Dinner-
Bacon Wrapped Cheese Dates w/ Blueberry Balsamic Glaze
Honey Butter Pork Loin
Roasted Brussel Sprouts
Roasted Red Potatoes
Grilled Asparagus with Garlic
Chocolate Fudge Cake with Blueberries (grooms cake)
Young's Barrata Red (wedding wine)

Wedding China
Candle sticks and antique snuffer (John's bday present)
Harding Silver
 Appetizer- Bacon wrapped dates with cream cheese and parmesan
drizzled with blueberry balsamic reduction
Balsamic reduction
Brussel sprouts
 Roasted red potatoes
Asparagus (beautiful silver servers!)

Cake
Happy Smurfday :)
Best candle ever!
The inside is really gooey and full of blueberries

Better than Box Chocolate and Blueberry Cake-
Duncan hines devils food cake mix 
1/2 packet of cream cheese (NOT sour cream!)
4 eggs
2/3 c water
1/2 c oil
1/2 packet chocolate pudding
2 big boxes blueberries

Put it all in a food processor or mixer, it will be thicker than regular cake mix.
Bdake like the box says, until a knife pulls out clean. 
It came out so dense that I did not need to chop the top puffy cake bit off! 
Smother top of one with frosting, layer of blueberries, put other layer of cake on top, frost, blueberries.

It tastes like a big chewey brownie! 
The more blueberries the better!!




No comments:

Post a Comment